Friday, October 05, 2007

Worked on New Book

Today I finally dedicated the entire day to working on my new book. I conducted research and began my outline of how I want the book set up.

It will be about Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona with many photographs and not too much writing. Yes, a second passion of mine is photography so when I was asked if I would be interested in a book where the majority of the book will be pictures, I jumped at the opportunity, as well as bought a new camera.

Of course I told a few local people about the book already and they made some snobby comments like, "Um, well hasn't that been done already?" Instead of responding back nastily, I just smiled and said, "Yes, probably but aren't there tons of books with the same story published and different character names?"

OK maybe that was a little snobby response back...but what is a new author to do? Be insulted before the book has been completed?

I did go to Barnes and Noble to check out my competition and there wasn't too many books. The concept of the publisher is a very unique one so I am hoping this will help with interest and book sales. I am also trying to feature places that other touring books have not covered.

Spoke to my publisher today as well to get a few questions answered like do I need signed releases and I never received the book building guide.

Two hours before the work week is over, or is it?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home