Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Pneumonia in the Desert

This will not be a long blog entry, or at least I don't plan it to be. I thought I had the flu for 4 days and thought my 102 fever broke Monday night. (Fevers bring crazy psychedelic dreams though; Aaron would have loved them!)
Woke up yesterday morning again with 102 fever and teeth chattering shivers! Then sweating again and was totally confused.

So I finally went to Urgent Care down the road from where we live (very convenient) to spend over an hour there being checked out and tested. Mucous sample, chest x-ray and blood work. Uummm, isn't this the flu or a sinus infection?

The doctor walks in after looking at the test results ad says, "Well the good news is you tested negative for the Flu." I said, "The bad news is I tested positive for Pneumonia."

So yes, only me could figure out a way of getting a horrible infection in my lungs in one of the driest climates in the US. Spent close to 30 years living in one of the dampest places and never got Pneumonia but 2 years living in the desert, I somehow pick up Pneumonia.

The good news is I am on anti-biotics and have two inhalers (which I haven't used in over 8 years), the bad news is I don't like to take medication but know I have to to get this illness out of my system.

Working shorter hours so I can get well quicker though watching TV doesn't thrill me. So as long as I can concentrate, I'll be trying to do some writing, editing and marketing.

(I guess I am a workaholic; this must be my body telling me I need a vacation soon.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home