Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy 1 Year in AZ or Not

Today, Feb. 22, 2007 is our one year anniversary in Arizona. The year has flown by and how life has changed for everyone.

With celebration of this gorgeous 80 degree day, my body has decided to not be happy. I usually don't like to write about personal issues on this blog but feel the need to. Over 12 years, out of nowhere, I became sick with the Epstein-Barr Virus and had jauntus. Not knowing what this was, it was scary to go through. It is the adult form of Mono and NO I didn't catch it from kissing anyone. ( I may have given it to an ex-bf as revenge...)

For those who understand what an immune disorder can to do your body, you understand without me having to explain. Basically I went from being a very active athlete and dancer to bedridden for 2 months straight and not being able to eat. The blood tests (easily 50) did not show what was happening and the doctor thought I had Liver Disease. Sure enough 6 weeks later the test finally showed EBV.

I slowly began to get better but after a few months, I would be sick again. Then it became a cycle. Some times I would feel "normal" and then at a drop of a hat, I would just "crash." I was told I have CFS and Fibromyalgia which honestly, I laugh at. I am not saying these aren't real diagnosis but have you looked at the symptoms of these illnesses? Everything is included and the way doctors treat it is with anti-depressants which I refuse to take. I am NOT DEPRESSED; I am angry for not knowing how come this occurs in my body.

On a side note, I take vitamins and supplements and am on a Gluten-Free diet and have been for years.

Well, Happy 1 year in AZ, I crashed today and can barely walk.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know this was what you were sick with, they just told me I had CFS, now it's Epstein Barr Virus too --they aren't even sure....

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home