Monday, November 13, 2006

Pay The Freelancers!

In the business world, I understand there are different payment schedules but what about when there is a rush or immediate need for service? Shouldn't this be rewarded with an on time payment?

Regardless of your career or status; freelancer, independent contractor, or employee, PAYMENT should always be made. Everyone works hard for their money and ignoring an invoice is disrespectful.

In the freelance world, I have learned having a collection agency to contact clients who feel the need not to pay for my services has worked. After 60 days, if services are not paid for, I contact my collection agency who then contacts the clients who decide not to pay for services agreed to.

Remember, with most communications through e-mail and IM, ALL conversations are journaled and the "he said - she said" game is no more.

Many freelancers require payments to be made up front, before any completed work is exchanged. This is a good rule as clients feel the need NOT to pay once the completed work is handed over to them.

What if you went to a store and asked, "Can I try this jacket out and pay you in a month?" What answer will the store give to you besides looking at you like you are out of your mind!

The same goes for conducting business with a freelancer. Once work is completed and exchanged, PAY YOUR INVOICES!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have experienced this too many times as well sis. I agree with what you say --- I have attempted to get 50% in advance with new clients who do not have established businesses, but in some cases, still not effective. I give up.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home