Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What an Interesting World We Live In


While taking my morning walk with my friend, we usually see lots of jack rabbits hopping around the desert landscape. I try and take my dog Marley with us as but as it gets harder for me to get up at 5am and go walking, the harder it is for me to have the energy to walk Marley. I do try and take her 3-4x a week with us but some mornings I feel I just need "ME" time.

Anyway, while my friend and I were walking this morning, she spotted a coyote. The first thing she said was, "Of course now that we don't have Marley with us to protect us, we finally see real wildlife!"

If you are familiar with the Valley of the Sun, we have trails called greenways which are located around the canals. They are off the street, in between housing and shopping complexes. The canals were built as a place for the water to go from the downpours of the monsoons. The length of the trails go for miles but we usually walk four to five miles each morning.

It is very peaceful waking up before sunrise to spend two hours in the outdoors; especially early in the summer time due to the 100 degree desert heat. As the weather cools down, we may be able to wake up a little later but having the chance to see the world before the hustle of the day is very enjoyable.

So maybe next week we'll start hiking again and begin to see more wildlife but its hard enough getting up and walking ;)

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home